Going through your fridge right now, there are probably animal products you consume daily without a second thought. Just take a look, there is probably butter, cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, mayo and creamer just to name a few.
By swapping out the above with vegan friendly alternatives you will be cutting down the cruelty, calories, cholesterol and fat. There are plenty of brands that do not contain animal ingredients and can be found in most supermarkets. Some supermarkets have a “natural foods” section, others mix these products in with the typical versions you are use to having.
This post will be focused on various brands of milk/dairy product alternatives found in the fridge.
– Milk Brands: So Delicious, Blue Diamond, Califia, Silk, Dream
– Butter: Earth Balance
– Cheese Brands : Daiya, Field Roast, Follow Your Heart, Tofutti, GoVeggie!, Teese
* Cream Cheese – Daiya, Tofutti, GoVeggie!
* Cheese Slices – Daiya, Field Roast, Follow Your Heart, Tofutti, GoVeggie!
* Shredded Cheese – Daiya, Follow Your Heart, GoVeggie!
* Veg Parmesan – GoVeggie!
* Sour Cream – Tofutti, Follow Your Heart
* Ricotta – Tofutti
– Mayo Brands: Follow Your Heart, Earth Balance, Hampton Creek, Nasoya
– Yogurt Brands: So Delicious, Silk, Almond Dream, Whole Soy &. Co, Stonyfield O’Soy
– Creamers: So Delicious, Silk, Califia
In my next post, I will go into detail and rate my favorite alternative products from the above brands.